Monday, November 15, 2010

Thanksgiving dress

I have been hanging on to this pattern for about a year. I love the style and the options, but I didn't have the courage to try it until now.

I decided to try it when I found this really cute piece of Fall fabric. I got a great deal on it, of course. I decided to start with the dress and since the pattern was so busy, I looked through my stash and found the rust colored material to use for the sleeves and ruffle. The buttons were in the stash that my mom and mom-in-law gave me, thanks again!!! It was a little harder than I thought, but still pretty easy. Here is how it came out.

Little Miss was so excited about her "photo shoot". She really got into it. I probably took 30 pictures.

The pictures in the shade came out a little fuzzy. I think it turned out well for my first attempt. I probably could have made it a size smaller. I ended up taking in the side a little so it wouldn't be so big. I'm sure I will be making more of these in everyday prints. Here are some more pictures from our photo shoot. Enjoy!





1 comment:

  1. Wow! You are too talented! How do you find the time! Loved looking at your crafts! I have a blog perfectpear23.blogspot.com. See you on Thursday!

    Jen Sessions

    ReplyDelete