Monday, November 15, 2010

Minky Chenille Blankees

I have been putting off this project for about a month.
I found a white piece of this fabric as a remnant and planned to make a blankee for my new nephew due in February. I am still going to make it, but a week later I found two more pieces of white and a piece of blue on remnant. Score!!! I payed around $2 for each piece and still have leftovers for bibs and burp cloths. The most expensive part is the binding. However, I have seen blankets similar to these selling for $64!!! Can you believe it. Click here to see for yourself. And that is without a binding. I think I spent around $10 for each of them.

As you can see, it looks great even without a binding. I haven't put the binding on the pink one yet because I didn't have the right color thread. I plan to get it done tonight or tomorrow. It is purple with Disney princesses on it. 
Here is a close-up of the material. It is so soft and comfy, but not too heavy. Being that we live in Florida, I didn't want a really heavy blanket for the kids. I did make it a little bigger than a baby blanket though so It will cover them better as they get bigger. The kids love them and now I am excited to get working on Baby Ryan's. It will have to wait until after Christmas though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment