Thursday, March 3, 2011

Easter Tote Bags

I am really excited about my newest project. I took a variation of the large tote bags I have been doing and made super cute Easter bags for my kids.

These are awesome, because they are the perfect size for an Easter egg hunt and they will stand up on their own. You don't have to worry about the eggs falling out and some other kiddo swiping them :) I also love the small handles. I debated on this for a while, as to whether they should be short or long and I finally decided short was best. They are perfect for holding and still big enough to slide an arm through. I am working on some ideas for other appliques, but these were my first two ideas.

The bags are natural canvas which is nice and sturdy, a must when it comes to little ones. The chick is made with fleece, so it is soft and fuzzy, and the egg is flannel. I used embroidery thread for the face. Of everything, that was the hardest part only because the material is so thick.

This one took a little more time, only because it has a lot of decoration. The egg is flannel with ribbon and button accents. I think I am ging to make another one with pink, yellow, and purple designs. Some other design options in the works are bunnies, flowers, and maybe even a chocolate bunny :).

The finished size on these is 12 inches wide at the top (with the base being slightly smaller) by 8 inches tall.

I am planning on embroidering the kids names on the back and putting a small piece of velcro on the inside to help keep the eggs in when the fun is done.

I am thinking about selling these for $10 each. If you are interested in buying one, please comtact me at jennuinearticle@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment