Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Ruffle Purse for kids

I made my first sewing gift. I'm pretty happy with it. I made this purse for Taylor for her second birthday. Here is the link to the pattern and directions if anyone wants to try it out. It is pretty easy if you have some basic sewing know-how. It took me a few hours to make it after I cut out all of the pieces. Next time should be quicker though since I am familiar with it now.
I did find that I had a few glitches with the pattern. The next time I make it, I will wait to cut the fabric for the lining and fusible fleece until I have the outer layer done. I don't know if I made my seam allowances too small, but the inner lining was smaller than the outer layer. Not too difficult to fix though.
 Sorry about the lighting and picture quality. I forgot to take the pictures at home and had to take it right before I gave it to her. I hope she likes it.
I bought plenty of fabric, so I could make one for Chloe too. I'm hoping that I have enough material left to make a matching dress too.

No comments:

Post a Comment